Joseph Agu: Nutrition for Hypertrophy & Metabolic Adaptation
Dr Paul Rimmer: Metabolic Adaptation: Is There a Case for Reverse Dieting?
– Get your copy of both lectures HERE from our shop –
4 hours 30 minutes of exercise nutrition from two of the leading experts in the field for just £59.99
In this seminar, Asst. Prof Joseph Agu and Nexus Performance/TRA Director Dr Paul Rimmer share their knowledge and experience of nutrition theory and practical application.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
Each presentation is filmed in high-definition and uses animations to show you close ups of the presenter’s slides.
Use this digital resource again and again and keep at the forefront of nutritional science.
Joseph Agu: Nutritional Interventions for Muscle Hypertrophy (2 hours 23 minutes long):
- What can be achieved naturally and what affects this?
- Experience-related rates of muscle growth
- Estimating caloric requirements for muscle gain
- Thoughts on body recomposition
- Setting macronutrient intakes
- Hormonal effects
- Thoughts on intermittent fasting and keto dieting
- An up-to-date overview of protein research
- Overview of muscle protein synthesis
- Daily requirements
- Protein sources
- Amino acid supplementation
- Liquid vs. solid proteins
- Nutrient timing
PLUS THIS FREE LECTURE:
Paul Rimmer: Metabolic Adaptation – Is There a Case for Reverse Dieting? (2 hours 5 minutes):
- Regulation of metabolism
- How the body adapts to energy restriction and to what extent
- Strategies for limiting metabolic adaptation
- Reverse dieting: the evidence for and against
- Post-diet strategies: population and individual considerations